Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Not obliterating

Sarah says it's the solar flares that are causing all this agitation. It's also a full moon tonight. But honestly, I think it's mostly just human foibles. We can all be hot messes from time to time. Once we're into the mess, it's hard to find our way out without creating collateral damage. Direct attacks of the "You are so lazy/stupid/spoiled..." sort are way too easy for most of us mere mortals in relationships. Those sorts of attacks tend to leave a wake of broken and bloody feelings, which means we have to undo before we can even get back to the original plan. Trying to support and nurture a relationship's and a partner's journey to grow past obstacles.

So, I have my goal firmly in mind. Collaborate with my family to help identify and then bring about what we want to create. In the meantime, my job is to tend to myself so I can bring my best me to the table for that job. It can be tricky. I'm restoring by watching babies - because they are so real and like us only cuter. Baby inspiration works well for me. Fia has been it of late. Joy brother is Alder's new name. One minute she wants anything that he has just because he has it, throwing him on the ground or wailing at the top of her lungs to get him to hand it over; the next minute she's "softie-ing" his hair and calling him "joy brother". Isn't it just like that with all of us? One time our partner is crabbing, then he'll turn around and do or say something just exactly opposite of that to throw us off our game. Because humans are like that. Tricky.

Here's hoping you collaborate more than obliterate with your tricky clan. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment