Sunday, May 15, 2011

New. Again.

Last night for a couple of hours I had all 3 of my grand babies in bed. Ollie was asleep on Fia's shoulder and Alder was right beside Fi Fi. I was falling asleep, but I kept opening my eyes to look again at that sweet row of beautiful, peaceful, serene faces. I wanted to memorize it. Save it for later use. Because that exact moment will never be again, it shimmers with magic if we allow it to. Here. Gone. One of Allie's (my youngest child) college friends said he didn't understand what was so charming about babies. "Yeah, yeah, they see things with new eyes. They point and say, 'Grasshopper'. So what? I've already seen tons of those. I know about grasshoppers already." So glad I don't still know it all. I love waking up to a new world every day. This morning, Alder and Fia and Dan and I (Ollie got snatched away by his parents in the middle of the night, Boo!) sat at the breakfast table on this rainy cold Sunday watching humming birds and orioles and finches and chickadees and wood peckers come eat, then fly away. We saw tons of birds. Over and over - for the first time. Here's hoping you see old things with new eyes over and over every single day. XOOX

No comments:

Post a Comment