Monday, May 2, 2011

If you don't watch out

Peach blossoms
Running down hill with arms stretched out so you can launch into flight
Colonoscopy scheduled for Friday.  Ugh
Feeding fish in a coy pond
Poised daughter presenting her redesign of an eyesore into a beautiful park
Bee lines
Boat load of weeds to pull in my gardens
Red Buds blooming down south just a little
Babies running, legs going like egg beaters
Deer threatening to jump out in front of your car
Soccer in the street at 4AM
Gorgeous wooden sculptures by lovely neice
Bin Ladin shot in a fire fight


Just a partial list of things I noticed/thought about in the last work-out hour.  There's always a choice to complain, get scared, notice and react only to what's wrong. But replaying the busy weekend spent in Muncie for Allie's landscape architecture presentation, then down to Bloomington to see my neice's sculptures at the IU art museum,  I choose to be present to and dwell on the good stuff.  The trip was as good as the arrival.  What a pretty time of year to travel south!  Even squished beside 2 car seats in the back of a little silver Saturn.  I could have focused on the squished part and the few and fleeting bad moments the grand babies had when they were resisting feeling "stuck" in their car seats. Nope.  I am way more willing to appreciate that bees have to have water close by, so where there's a hive, there is a bee highway.  There really is such a thing as a bee line. Bees moving back and forth from the hive to the water.  Watching for that is just way cooler than being afraid that you're gonna get stung.  Too much watching out is borrowing trouble and I have no use whatsoever for that.  I love to drive home on the winding stretch of White Oak.  It's usually a time of day when deer might bolt out in front of the car, so I always look ahead.  Figure I'll avoid a splat whenever possible.  I always honk when I see one - hoping it's a deterrent.  My husband yells "Hey deer!  Here deer! I've got caaaannnnddyy!" They stare at him like they're thinking about it, but I think their mommas warned them about guys like that.

It's not all sunshine and lolly pops.  Never is.  And I am willing (to a point) to watch out for the bad stuff. Just not too much.  So here's hoping you take a few deer infested curves or check out a bee line.  XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment