Thursday, April 28, 2011

Upside Down

The trees just turning to fluff look pretty remarkable with your head between your legs.  I always end my work out with a few silly, outdoor yoga poses by the kids' swing set. In all sorts of weather.  Don't care what the neighbors think.  I love going from the pounding of feet, looking for all the signs of change in that same little patch of turf - the rush of blood and breath - to stillness, then seeing the world upside down. Thoughts bouncing all over just skid to a stop while I'm  holding a pose.  It doesn't work every time, but the meditation of the walk wakes up my noticing reflex or something.  So then I'm looking up at the clouds or down at the grass or through my legs at the topsy turvey trees and field - and actually really see them.  Magic.

By the skin of my teeth I squeeze in my morning workout and make it to my first Thursday 8:30 or 9:15 appointment.  I'm usually pulling into the parking lot with the client's car already parked and waiting - have to beg patience while I rush to open the door, turn on the lights, etc.  But walking round and round the muddy, lumpy circuit of mowed grass at the edge of our property, through the slog with my smelly pups playing doggie motocross, soaking my tennis shoes and then being really still is soooo worth the last minute dash to work.  Hoping you turn things upside down a little, too.  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment