Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Not boring

Some days are like that, but Oh. My. Gosh.  We've all had worse evenings.  That's one good thing.  Right?  Oh,  another good thing.  I stuck to my diet.  And it was quite the "kaprise".  Got home after a 12 hour day to practice my gag reflex for what seemed like eternity. My whole house smelled like dog you-know-what.  Lucy is a BIG dog. They were in their crate for 9 hours, which I fully didn't intend, because I forgot Dan was traveling yesterday.  I followed their trail down the stairs and out the front door with bleach and a scrub brush.  Then I put in two calls, Dan and a son-in-law, to get directions for how to turn the water on to the outside hose.  Don't even want to talk about having to drag the hose over from the garage before I could wash their feet enough to let them back into the basement for a scrub down.  And you don't ever want to know what it takes to get such soiled bedding and that tray on the bottom outta the crate.   Amazing.  Utterly amazing.

So, bored yet?  Because Dan's day was equally fun.  He's windsurfing on his off time.  I knew he'd beat himself to a pulp - he's not enjoying any sport unless he gets a little bloody.  But "kaprise", different kind of pulp experience.  There was apparently a bloom of jelly fish in the bay down where he's surfing.  We talked while he was on his way to the grocery to buy vinegar - guess it takes out the sting.  And makes you smell like a salad.  One of the goobers wrapped itself around his thigh down to his knee.  So, since he didn't take his wet suit along (the water's 80 degrees), he went to the sporting goods store to buy some protection for tomorrow.  Ended up with women's lycra tights.  I don't even want to think about it.  Just don't think about it.  Didn't I say I wake up in a new world every single day? One never has to be bored. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment