Monday, April 25, 2011

Oxytocin junkie

We're almost to the magic 21 days - if you didn't skip a day yet.  If you did, try to get back on the 21 days in a row plan.  Even when things are tough,  gratitude and friendly self talk and breathing for relaxation are good things that work at least double duty.  I'm about to get serious again and talk more about other tools for the 'how to thrive' toolbox.  More about how to relax, be assertive, organized, free from past hurt and stuff like that.  Starting this week sometime.  Today I'm too soaked through with oxytocin from my house full of lamb and apple tarts and chaos and funny babies yesterday.  Dwelling a little on good memories is taking up a lot of space for in my brain and heart and gut.  Did you know that oxytocin is the neurochemical you get from loving?  It can be romance, baby smiles like Oliver's (7 months old now) with the only two teeth he has on the bottom sticking out, a good long talk with a dear friend, visiting puppies at the pet store, volunteering.  We have lots of neurotransmitters - in our heart and gut, too - not just our brain.  It's some powerful stuff that oxytocin.  Makes you believe in magic.  I get myself regular doses any way possible and dwell on memories after, because they work almost as well. Oxytocin junkie. That's me.

So, closing today with something I have on the cork board behind my computer because I love it so much:

Peace.  It doesn't mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work.  It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Wishing you lots of oxytocin soaked memories of the weekend, many more today and calm in your heart.  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment