Friday, April 15, 2011

Humble

If you're a rule follower like me,  and you're doing precisely what I've asked, you are awfully busy.  You're constantly minding your thinking and interrupting it with cartoon versions of yourself committing violent acts or singing goofy songs,  talking back to your sassy self talk in a foreign language while breathing with your belly sticking out and staying on the look out for ways to be grateful.  I think that might be enough for a minute.  We've not hit the 21 days it takes to create even one new habit and if you're a mere mortal, you will have skipped a day or two and had to start over on the 21 days anyway.  So let's have some fun for a little while.  You keep working on spinning those three tasks into your life - minding your thinking and talking back to it; breathing for relaxation and writing your 3 daily gratitude experiences.  Meanwhile, I'll tell some stories of how I've been doing with that juggling act I'm asking of you.  I'm willing to be humiliated for the greater good.

Here's a good one. Sometimes I glue my toes together.  I hate when that happens.  Trying to suffocate a wart on the end of my right middle toe that comes and goes since I timed Allie's Lowell Dolphin swim meets bare footed.  I've had it removed twice but it just keeps coming baaaack.  Tried duct tape, which keeps coming off.  Tried three different OTC wart removers.  So I decided to try super glue.  Made sense at the time.  Glued my sock to my toe yesterday and two of my toes together.  Sheesh.  But I'm not bored.  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment