Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Plenty

Sassy britches two year old Fia has been showing movies on the track lighting in her kitchen - with her finger. She points up and tells me "It's my favorite movie. You yike it? You hate it?" Not only can she show movies, the track lighting in her kitchen makes ice cream too. She just reaches up, gets it, and hands it to you to eat. And you'd better eat it with grave appreciation or she gets hoppin' mad. Keeps me right in the moment, mindful, keeping up with those babies. Because no matter how occupied and serious grown up discussions and intentions might be, how could we not go along with a fabulous imagine?

She's a lover of fashion too, our little bit of a fuzz. Gets it from her Abuela. She always compliments my necklaces with her bitsy hands gently touching it, then my face. "I yike your neckas, Buela. You're my favorite gurul." I was so lucky to have sweet, attentive parents. But getting to be one - and now getting to be the Abuela - that is just way way better. And it's totally within our power to be attentive now, whether we saw others do it before or not. The world is brimming over with things that can put you back in the present moment with appreciation and joy - living right along side the yuck. Me, I'm paying most of my attention to the good stuff. Wishing you plenty to notice. XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment